View Single Post

Old 11-03-2007, 12:21 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: What were the upgrades originally offered for new homes and the cost?

We were one of the last to be able to "customize" our house. We were able to stretch the house, lanai, garage. We upgraded the kitchen to granite and really good cabinets. We upgraded our tile, carpet, etc. I think the bill for the customization work was around $55,000. but it was well worth it. They used to have something called "The Street of Dreams" where you quickly found that virtually everything needed to be upgraded from "Developer Chic" to something more acceptable. I renamed it "The Street without Joy".

I personally think the Developer made a mistake by stopping the customization program. I know that many are fine with the sales programs of today but there are many who would prefer to be able to customize their house as it's being built
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC