View Single Post

Old 11-04-2007, 05:26 AM
Default Re: VONAGE Internet Phone Service

chckinca...

Negative on Dish/Vonage. Vonage is a VOIP (voice over internet protocal) service that requires and ALWAYS ON internet connection (broadband cable only). The faster your connection the better, but very acceptable with Comcast standard service.

One thing though, I have noticed some issues sending faxes...receive is OK. When sending I find occasional problems with the faxes handshaking and making their connection. Not sure why this is. No problems receiving.

So many great features that you can control online instantly such as simultaneous ring (home & cel), multiple virtual phone numbers ( 1 in NH, 1 in FL, 1 in CA) all ringing on one line, email voicemail and many more. All this and no taxes for $24.95. As they say in the ads..."So what are you waiting for, order todaY!"

I know of people that have tried this with Verizon DSL with no luck. Reason, Verizon ( Bellsouth I believe) "hangup" your connection after a certain idle time. We also had a problem with DSL with a remote web cam for this reason.