View Single Post

Old 11-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Default Re: Bang for the buck from COMCAST CABLE/Internet

GM, All!

We are not full time yet, so we have the $11 Comcast cable for our TV. Right now, this is fine.

My main concern is having reliable internet service. I will be working virtual from TV when I get down in December through April. When I first went through my modem setup with Comcast July of this year, it was a nightmare. I would go to login at 5am the next morning after working 10 or more hours the day before, and my modem information with them would suddenly 'disappear' and I'd have to go through yet another lengthy call with tech support to get all the modem #s back into their system. It would take me a hour of being switched from person to person to convince them I really was logged in before making this call! They kept telling me I had not had internet--I kept telling them, "Funny, I have plenty of emails from work to prove that I had! *LOL* It eventually got worked out, but then I'd get bounced off at least once a day.

I am already having anxiety about when I come down in December, as I have internet turned off. I am only a computer geek with the product I support for my company--techie with how all this stuff works, I'm not. And I'd love to go wireless so I could work out on the lanai.

However, having to call them so often, I really 'had it down' each time I called to the point I was just telling them exactly what they needed to do. Then, I was up and running within a few minutes. (Now that is scary! *LOL* when the customer ends up being the actual Comcast Technical Support person!

Thanks, everyone ... some good info in this thread!

Blessings,
~Rebekah