View Single Post

Old 11-06-2007, 04:41 AM
Sage
Default Re: Bought Sight Seen, Shopping for Furniture, & Other Stuff Newbies Do

Thanks for all the good wishes. ;D ;D Just want to add that I'm not recommending buying sight unseen, I realize that it's not for everyone! I was a real estate broker for many years so perhaps I feel more comfortable with the process. A few years ago I had an extremely serious illness, it just made me realize how short life is and how we have to truly live in the moment and not assume we will all live forever.

To answer a question, my favourite consignment shop is Bargains and Treasures. They are located South of 466 just East of 301. (I can give you more specific directions and telephone number in another post, they are buried somewhere). The trucks pick up furniture from 13 houses per day and take it back to the store. The time they unload the trucks depends on which neighbourhoods they visited and how far they had to drive. Also how much furniture per house. Some days they make a lot of trips, some days just a couple. Some days they unload some new stuff around noon or 1 PM, some days it is later in the afternoon. This is what makes it so tricky and time consuming. They have really good stuff, and very well priced. Often furniture that was originally purchased from Southern Lifestyles that is in terrific condition. We are extremely happy with the bargains and treasures we got! On several occasions, we bought furniture that had only been in the shop for a few minutes. The good stuff just flies out the door immediately.

Hyacinth, where in Belvedere are you going to be living? Perhaps we'll be neighbours!
JKP, sorry to hear you're leaving TV, I bet you'll be back again some time!

Beady, Bogart, Kar Guy, Mom2Five, please send me a PM when you get settled and perhaps we can meet up! Good luck with all your plans.