View Single Post

Old 11-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Default Re: Younger Residents ARE A GOOD THING !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireOnWindCSR_MARYLAND
My wife and I purchased our home in TV when I was 49 and she was 48. WE did not buy it from a Village Realtor thus avoiding that 55+ age contract addendum that exists. There are people who act mature and responsible regardless of their age. There are also "adults" who can be immature and irrational after 55 years of age. What I find as rather amusing is the Chula Vista Pool. In order to swim there people must be at least 30 years of age. Well, I have 3 adult children ages 24, 26 & 28 suprisingly they know how to act in an adult pool but can't swim there. It's not like there going to get someone's blue-grey Beehive hair doo wet!! So here's a question: what about a Village Pool where you can't be over 60 years of age to swim there !! Pretty ridiculous huh? My kids can vote, drink alcohol, go to war, buy a home...... but they can't swim in the Chula Vista Pool. Noodle anybody?!!
If I want to live with noise day and night I will move to Manhattan.
If I want to live in fear I will move to the Bronx or Brooklyn.
If I want to live in peace I will move to The Villages.
An adult community is that ADULT COMMUNITY, we have done our share of work, taxes and problems, now we want peace. Those who unfortunately have to carry adult children in their golden year deserve the blessing of everyone, however do not try to impose your family on the rest of us.