View Single Post

Old 11-07-2007, 07:57 AM
Send a message via AIM to FireOnWindCSR
Default Re: Younger Residents

Cave Guy, it's all good. I say that now that my wife has beaten the day lights out of me for being a buttocks. My three children are spread out on the eastern seaboard. Son is in Old Bridge, NJ and woorks in NYC, daughter 1 lives and works in Jacksonville, NC and is married to a marine, daughter 2 lives in Baltimore. When they come to our home in TV's they have guest passes and enjoy the amenities as we do. Daughter 3 came for a visit last year and prior to arriving she said to my wife and I " why did you buy a home here in TV. The people are retired, old, and grumpy. Why are you in such a hurry to get old"? WOW was my answer. After only one day she said to us, " this place is awesome, it has everything. People are excercising, golfing, swimming, going to musical events in the various squares. You have restaurants, hospitals.........". My wife and I love it here. We want to expose our children to a "lifestyle" that is conducive to good health of body, mind, and spirit.
WE educate them. We have taught them what they need to do in this life, if they want to retire before they are 55 or 60 years of age. If they work hard, save, buy real estate or land ( God's not making any more ), mutual funds, etc. And if they follow what we say, then they will have a home in TV or a place like it some where.

None of my children have ever been arrested or have police records. They choose not to smoke pot or do other substances not because I say " don't do it", rather they choose not to do those substances because they have goals, are focused, and their parents led by example. but I'm not gonna tell them what was happening in the 70's !!! No need to go there. anyway, thats the deal.
Rules are rules. Rules can suck. And if they suck, then it's a persons right to try and change the rules. Right? Cave dude, i am the most chilled out person you will ever come across. But I do like the Banter. And I like that you have an opinion. thats what makes us who we are.

Then there's the person who said if I liked noise move to NYC, and if I liked fear move to the Bronx or Brooklyn. Thats sad. i lived in Queens, the Bronx, and Brooklyn and the noise never bothered me, I was never in fear for my life, and the people were just people like you and I. they were just trying to make it in this big wide world. NYC is rather small when youve lived there for a while. people are familiar, there's lots to do, and its diverse. Maybe the person who previously wrote that statement is just afraid of their shadow wherever they are. Anyway, thats their opinion and .....