View Single Post

Old 11-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Default Re: Courtyard Villa Question/Concern

Welcome, fellow RI person. Greenville was our home.

Give serious consideration to the villas. My designer home is beautiful and when we purchased it we thought we had the best location possible. Little did I know that they would extend Buena Vista (the road on which our lanai faces) to the new Southern portion of the Villages and the road would become a highway between all points south and Hgwy 441 and 42 on the North side. The front side of our home faces out onto a road which we felt would give us privacy and quiet. Wrong, it turned into a shortcut for everyone who prefers not to ride on the golf cart paths (multipurpose trails) and want to avoid possible detection by Sheriff's deputies. It is now noisy, and almost impossible to get out of our driveways. The villas are usually in areas where no direct roads cut through and you could pretty much depend on the fact that you will have more quiet and peace. The villas are almost as expensive as the designers now and some are as large as a designer. I think your husband would be very disappointed if he settled for a ranch. Row after row of similar homes. Good luck in making your decision. As for me, I wish I had a walled, private villa instead of my designer.
Mildenhall England
Gretna La
Greenville, RI
Jacksonville FL
TV