View Single Post

Old 11-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to RCT
Default Re: Well, this is a real mystery. It is really troubling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKP
On the same note let me say that I opened up TOTV to voice my personal complaint about the Daily Sun and lo and behold you beat me to the punch!!!

I called yesterday to place an ad for our for sale by owner home and we have it on 2 websites and I wanted (needed) to put those websites in for people to go to to get more information and look at pictures. They said, "...we're sorry we cannot print websites for For Sale By Owner websites..." I said, "WHAT...whatever happened to Freedom of the Press...?" Her reply was, "...this is THE VILLAGES and "they" made the decision not to print those websites..." I was shocked!!! I put the ad in the way "they" wanted it and paid big bucks to do it...but in hindsight I should have told them to "stuff it"!! :edit: We won't be renewing our subscription to "their" paper.

Is this Un-American or what???? Just goes to show that "THEY" (...ie: The Family) are in this for the $$$$ and want to sell only THEIR listings.

I'm really disgusted with both their refusal to print your ad and mine!!! >
Although I agree with you being upset, I don't agree with your saying this is "un-american". It is actually about as American as you can get, the freedom to do biz with someone or not. Now, I don't agree with their decision, but, I do agree with their right.