Thread: Missing topic
View Single Post

Old 11-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Founder
Default Re: Missing topic

I encourage your discussion about this.And I would like to add to what Darrel has said. We have approached nearly all of the real estate companies in the area and have explained that advertising on TOTV is a good way to reach prospective home buyers. None of them have taken advantage of the opportunity. We have approached the Villages about using TOTV as an added tool to reach residents. They have declined.

We attempted to buy an ad in the Daily Sun and we were rejected.

We encourage all members and guests to posts topics and discuss whatever they wish. Even if it is a discussion about the administrators of this forum. Believe me, we are trying our best to make this a good community forum. The administrators have spent nearly $10,000 dollar of their own money setting it up and keeping it running. We have put in almost 5,000 hours in administration time.

The reason we have advertising is to help pay back some of the start up expense. To date, we have made nothing. Our advertising revenue is just enough to keep the forum going and has paid back not one penny of the startup expense. We hope someday to make some kind of profit.

Look at it from our point of view, and we will look at yours. We see that real estate advertising could be one of our biggest revenue producers. If the information can be posted at no cost, then why would anybody purchase an ad. We allow links to other Villages activities because we are a Villages forum. There is a line somewhere and we are trying to find it. Please be patient with us too. This is new and we want to do what is right.

BTW, we received several emails of compaint from members about the posting in question. I didn't even get a chance to see it myself, but I understand why it may have been removed.

I feel it unfair to compare us to the recent actions of the Daily Sun. We wanted to "purchase" advertising space and they rejected us. If this was a radio talk show, and a caller started listing homes for sale, the host would end the call. It's not censorship, it's just an effort to protect our investment. We may fall short in the eyes of some here, but we'll keep trying. Please don't compare this action, or us, to any other power plays that may abound.