View Single Post

Old 11-07-2007, 11:55 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to RCT
Default Re: Well, this is a real mystery. It is really troubling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKP
EXCUSE ME???? Does our American Constitution NOT give us the right to Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press??? If you don't call not allowing ads that might be "competition" to them a breach of this freedom...A Freedom that our forefathers fought and died for, then I guess I don't know what Un-American is.

Everyone is right in saying people have the RIGHT to do business or not do business with whomever they please, but if you're going to own, run, print and sell a community newspaper then you should let it be just that....Community...and not a dictatorship. "King of the Hill" was fun to play as kids but it's not fun when you're trying to pay good money to place a legitimate ad for your home for sale and you're not the King :joke:
Yes, but freedom of the press does NOT mean that you have a right to force an owner of a paper what YOU want them to print. It is their bizness to run. Now, if you would like to start your own paper, then freedom of the press will protect you in the same manner. Remember, I not not agreeing with what their choices might be, but I am defending their right to make them, wether we deem them positive or negative.