View Single Post

Old 11-08-2007, 01:20 AM
n/a

Default Re: Are we better off now than we were in 2000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sistagurl
You have got to be kidding!!!! The Center for American Progress, :edit: why don't you just quote the DNC? I mean really, if I was quoting Rush Limbaugh (who I love) would you place any credibility to it? Come on lets at least start the debates from a position of honesty.
Not clear about your comments about a debate. This was posted to ask some questions. I saw the information that was posted from The Center for American Progress while looking into cutbacks in my former company's benefit plan for retirees and thought it fairly stated what has happened to myself and many others who had retired with what we thought were pretty good medical and prescription plans from our former employers. Do you have any friends who worked for The Bell System and before retirement were transferred to Lucent Technologies. They have seen benefits cut, and are now retirees from a company that is now Alcatel ( a French Company). Many others have seen their prescription and healthcare benefits cut way back since the Government's Medicare Prescription Plan went into effect. So in that respect am I better off? NO.

BTW, I listen to and enjoy Bortz, Limbaugh, O'Reilly and wonder what that has got to do with the questions? Are you of the opinion that if something comes from anyone other than Conservative Talk Show Hosts, the information must be suspect? You may want to pick up a book called The Greatest Story Ever Sold. The fact that it was written by Frank Rich, a liberal reporter from The New York Times might be troubling for you, but who knows you may find that Limbaugh is not the sole source of truth in the media.

I invite you to re-read what was said and if you want to create a debate out of the questions listed, then present some factual information that counters what was presented in the link. So instead of blasting the messenger, why not offer an opinion about the questions and the information provided.