View Single Post

Old 11-08-2007, 01:59 AM
Gold member
Default Re: Well, this is a real mystery. It is really troubling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscles59
Yes, but freedom of the press does NOT mean that you have a right to force an owner of a paper what YOU want them to print. It is their bizness to run. Now, if you would like to start your own paper, then freedom of the press will protect you in the same manner. Remember, I not not agreeing with what their choices might be, but I am defending their right to make them, wether we deem them positive or negative.
I agree with muscles 59--but take it one crucially important step further. I swear by what has evolved as the good old American tool called BOYCOTT. I understand the point made by an earlier post on this thread about not wanting to step on the toes of the advertisers in The Daily Sun. The way to handle this is to let these advertisers know what the boycott is about, and then the ball is in their side of the court to decide how--and where--they want to spend their advertising dollars knowing that x number of anticipated readers no longer are. Yes, as muscles 59 says, we cannot force a newspaper owner what ads to print, but if he/she will not print a TOTV ad, no matter what the reason, it is that newspaper owner's right to reject the ad--and at the same time it is our right to choose to buy that newspaper or another--or no newspaper at all. IMHO....