Thread: Missing topic
View Single Post

Old 11-08-2007, 03:32 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Missing topic

Posted by: Talk Host
Insert Quote
Quote from: Peggy D on Today at 07:26:59 PM
"What I don't understand is, if this incentive program isn't allowed, then why wasn't the furniture giveaway topic pulled too??"

"Well, that's a good question. I guess becuase it is a topic that affects so many people and is of general interest. Plus it's unusual. I don't believe that the discussion in and of itself was an advertisement to purchase. It was an interesting adjunct to a special offer being made. I guess in the truest sense of the rule, it should have been pulled too, but we are going to have to judge each one and make a decision. I can see now that there will be times that we are not popular."

In regards to the above posts by Peggy D (question re: furniture giveaway) and TalkHosts' response, I think the reason it was decided to pull the posting regarding the discounted home prices is because it was payback for TV Daily Sun not accepting TOTV's request for an ad. An incentive to purchase a home is an incentive to purchase a home, be it in the form of a "furniture giveaway" or "discounted home prices".

That being said, this (and my earlier response) is my opinion. We were asked to give our opinion, and I have. HOWEVER, please note that I can agree to disagree and trust that TalkHost can as well. I contribute no administrative time to this site, and recognize that those that do are in charge of this site. I will live with their decision(s) no matter what, just as we have to live with the decision of TV Daily Sun not to accept TOTV's ad.

I still love you guys and appreciate all the time and effort you devote to this enjoyable site! :bigthumbsup: