View Single Post

Old 11-08-2007, 03:51 AM
n/a

Default Re: Are we better off now than we were in 2000?

Topicop? Sorry! I am just a poster like you. Not sure what would make you think that. I get in so much trouble with my answers I would censor me! ;D

I agree with you that there are others taking advantage. If the Walgreen's and CVS has to pay the big drug producers the prices they charge they are going to pass on the cost of their users.

When I see what I pay through my medical insurance vs what they charge, I get sick.

I was in the hospital back a bunch of years ago and the guy in the bed next to me was checking out and they gave him a list of drugs he needed to take and the prices. He definitely could not afford them. He asked the nurse which would be the best one for him to take since he could not afford them all. He passed away about two months later. Probably because he could not afford any of them.

My Mother-in-law had many bottles of medicine that they kept changing on her. I tried to find some place to give these bottles of medicine to so that they could give them to people that could not afford them. I was told to toss them. They might be tainted.

How Many meds do we toss because some bureaucracy thinks that we purposely tainted them? Maybe it is big drug companies making sure we don't give good medicines to needy people.