Thread: Missing topic
View Single Post

Old 11-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: Missing topic

Okay, it wasn't an ad -- it was a copy of an ad with a direct link to the ad itself. Sheesh -- let's get lost in a definition.

If the moderators want to pull a post because someone used purple ink and one of them hates purple, I say that is their right (and I promise to not use purple ink!). The nice thing is I know they won't. If they pull something it is not because they disagree with the post but because they feel there is something truly "wrong" about the post. Otherwise, I think several previous posts would have been yanked 10 seconds after they were submitted. If they wanted to censor, it is pretty easy to set up a forum so that all posts are previewed by a moderator before they are approved for posting (a lot of work but very doable).

We have the right to disagree and even disapprove of an action taken by anyone here. That doesn't mean we have to resort to the 5-year-old is/is not mentality or start calling each other names or generally belittling another because their views are not your views.

Personally, I truly appreciate what Tony, Darrell and Jan have done for us. This is a great forum and I've learned a lot from it and, hopefully, will be able to make friends because of it.

And now for the test ... I said I wouldn't use purple, but didn't say a word about lime green or orange ;D

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein