View Single Post

Old 11-08-2007, 11:54 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Well, this is a real mystery. It is really troubling.

TalkHost, since I'm not yet living in TV, I hadn't realized how much you've already done to get the word out. I've two last suggestions, that will require support from other TOTV members. I for one would be willing to send you a $10 or $20 check in order to allow you to do a one page mass mailing to all residents of TV. I have no idea what this would cost nor whether or not enough members would support the effort.

Perhaps you could start a new thread telling why you want/need to do this mailing, explain TV's Daily Sun refusal to run your ad and the fact "...We tried visiting with people at some events downtown, but were told by the Villages to leave..." and ask for donations. I'm a member of another board who asked for members' support to keep the board going and they got a very good response.

I'd even be willing to instead let you use the money to go directly to supporting this site. While we all love free, I would personally pay $10 or $20 annually to keep this site operational. I've learned much from the members here and greatly value the information. The info will save me many dollars (and much grief) in the long run. An annual fee for TOTV may ultimately end up being a necessity. My fear is that The Villages developer will get to all of the business owners who currently advertise here that if they continue to advertise on this site, they will be blocked from advertising in the Daily Sun. The latter likely provides them with more exposure, so TOTV could suffer. You shortly may have no alternative than to charge a fee and allow access to only those people who provide financial support to keep TOTV operational.