View Single Post

Old 11-11-2007, 02:05 AM
Default Re: Well, this is a real mystery. It is really troubling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdees
Bubbalarry, Help me with the logic behind the following comment of yours.

"4. Baby boomers are coming and they know it and want the full share not a split with local Realtors who are getting ripped off by TV and are getting away with it everyday"

How are the local realtors getting ripped off?
These comments from a Realtor came my way in August when I was buying.

1. Something to do with the MLS vs the Villages VHS. If I can recall the exact rule.
I think with the VHS, which is basically a Villages resale listing. A Realtor can't show you the buyer that home since the seller signed up with TV for resale. So the local realtor shares no commision along with anyone because they can't sell it. They can't sell what they can't see.

2. This should not be allowed but TV have pull and get away with it. It's unfair Real Estate practices but it keeps you the buyer locked in with them both new and used. If you try to sell within the first year of purchase without going thru them you will get another visit.

3. Now as mentioned they control new and resale of used. If the house is under the MLS, they still make it tough on eal Estate agents.

a. They don't allow signes.
b. They make it very difficult for a buyer to view all thats available for sale.