View Single Post

Old 07-19-2014, 11:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,353 Times in 2,074 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I really tried to be gentle and kind and now I am mad. It is possible that there is more support for traditional views and traditional churches because the majority of us who live here are traditional people with widely varying views but mostly ordinary, traditional folks. That is nothing to be ashamed of. We are living according to the values and beliefs we hold.

The OP is intolerant of people with money too. How does he raise his children? Go and try not to earn a lot of money?
I believe too much is being read into the OP's question. The new Pope seems to espouse some of these ideas except maybe abortion. This Pope has done a great deal of work for the poor and underprivileged and seems to throw of the materialistic trappings of the Church and push more for the spiritual. Rich people, of course, can be very religious/spiritual as well. And if you look at people like the Gates they seem to strive to create a better world with their charity.

That's why I suggested checking out a Catholic Church as they seem to have changed quite a bit because of the leadership of Popes like Francis.