View Single Post

Old 11-11-2007, 07:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Great Reply Steve

I started this post, attempting to express my frustration in a non-partisan manner. What I missed, or didn't emphasize enough, was exactly what Steve pointed out.

My frustrations are temporary in the grand scheme of things. Our democratic ship of state changes course very, very slowly. But it will change course! What's is amazing is how comprehensive the framers of our Constitution were in assuring that would happen.

What I was attempting to express was my short-term frustration with the political sitaution in Washington. I agree that our form of democracy is best. There is a condition that I'd add...that everyone participate in voting for the representatives who we think will best govern in the way we'd desire. I am a little concerned that our younger generations are either too busy with other things or have simply given up on the sad morass in Washington. Without everyone's involvement, the democratic structure can be weakened.

But our Constitutional form of democracy does provide the structure for the people's wishes to be represented in the governance of the country. I just wish it would happen a little faster.