View Single Post

Old 11-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Founder
Default Re: Update on the train in my back yard in Chatham

We feel so bad about this. My wife (who has MS) and I absolutely love our house and the Villages. We moved here to get her away from stress. To a place where she could enjoy peace and quite. If only the agent has told us about the freight train noise, we could have looked elsewhere in the Villages. At the time we purchased the lot and ordered the house, there were no neighbors to check with, the whole area was being developed. Like most of you, we were under very strict time limits to make a decsion and place a deposit. After our preview week, we were back in New York, like a couple of little kids....so excited about our new home and surroundings. I wish you could have been here the first night we lived in the house when the freight train came blasting through. It was like somebody took a sledge hammer and smashed our dream. My wife and I both cried.

If we try to sell the house now, we are under obligation to tell prospective buyers about the noise. I guess you all know what that means.