View Single Post

Old 11-11-2007, 11:02 PM
Founder
Default Re: Who knows anything about the "no dog leash" permit from the Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkpup
All I can say about it is that my dogs are very excitable and even when leashed may bark at a person and try to chase them therefore they never go unleashed except in my own back yard or a dog park. When I move to the Villages I will take them to The Doggie Doo Run Run at my own expense. It is the courteous and responsible thing to do. As for dogs peeing on other folks lawns, it does burn the grass and I have the burn spots in my own fenced backyard to prove it. Too bad, it is my own piebald grass and the price I'm willing to pay but to let them pee and/or poo on someone else's yard is totally rude, inconsiderate and irresponsible.

If the law says dogs must be leashed then so be it, keep them leashed or pay the consequences.

I don't think it mean for folks not to want their lawns ruined or worse to have to pick up someone else's dog excrement, thats just plain nasty.

Unfortunately not every dog is trained well enough or is calm enough to respond to the sound of their mistress's or master's voice. I understand all too well that it is a natural instinct for dogs to chase after running/bicycling/skating people or cars and other conveyances which is dangerous. Often it is innocent; dogs think it's a game but it is the responsibility of the owner to control their dog. Being chased by a dog/dogs is a terrifying thing; I know, I've been chased by vicious dogs barking, growling and snapping at my heals while bicycling or running. :yikes:

If you don't think it's scary just take a look at video of police siccing their dogs on the participants of the civil rights marches in the '60's.

I take full responsibility for the times my dogs have escaped and misbehaved. I love my neighborhood and respect my neighbors much too much to treat them disrespectfully.

Nuff said! :realmad:

:bigthumbsup: