View Single Post

Old 11-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Golf Cart insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline
JTDRAIG
USAA wanted $165 every 6 months for total coverage on my auto policy!!

I just got golf cart insurance from the Villages Insurance in Spanish Springs. Liability, Comprehense, and Collision (w/ minimal deductible for $70 a YEAR......I could not believe the difference!! AT Villages Insurance they will ask you for your SSN, the cost of the Cart, VIN number as well as year and model.

I found out that USAA as well as many other insurers rate a golf cart under automobile rates whereas the Villages has a company that rates a golf cart as a recertional vechicle not subject to state licensing or insurance requirements. In addition if you ever do file a claim against you auto policy for a golf cart incident and its your fault, that will be mark against your auto policy and your total rates are likely to rise. Going with the villages was a no brainer even though I have everything else with USAA.
Thanks for the tip. Although mine is $120 per year, I am obviously off to the Villages Insurance today to change it. You gotta love this forum.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC