View Single Post

Old 11-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Sage
Default Re: Who knows anything about the "no dog leash" permit from the Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac
The Doggie Doo Run Run is a centrally located about 10 acre dog park just outside of the Villages perimeter. It borders a Villages golf course on two sides. It borders Fox Run Golf Course on this golf course's SW and part of its S side. It's between the Village of Summerhill and the Village of Glenbrook. West of Glenbrook on CR101 near where CR104 junctions with CR101.

Costs $3 a day per dog (check the web-site though) or $25 a month for members. Last I looked the directions on the web-site were a little wrong too as CR104 runs into CR101. CR103 runs north-south parallel to CR101. http://doggiedoorun.homestead.com/home.html
If I can find Doggie Doo Run Run, anyone can! I lucked out, it is really close to Belvedere where I live. DDRR is on CR 101 about 5 minutes north of 466; and you can NOT get there by golf cart. It is right beside the tower, easy to find. Right now there is a detour when you take CR 101 north from 466, (marked with signs). That detour will end Nov. 19.

I do go to DDRR often with my two dogs .. second dog is practically free. They have a fenced area for dogs over 30 lbs, and one for dogs under 30 lbs. Large dogs cannot go into the small dog area. So I take both my dogs to the big dog area, even Biggins who weighs 10 lbs. People who work there are great. They won't let you pick up your doggie poop, they do that for you! And they keep the place very clean. There are shaded areas for humans to sit and visit while the dogs play. Very pleasant. I have met very nice people there. :bigthumbsup: