View Single Post

Old 11-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: Why move from paradise?

I doubt many move because they want to. I know of some who have had to move due to financial reasons -- their original home never sold, their investments took a bad turn .... At least one couple is moving to go back to take care of their parents who do not want to leave their original homes. One woman is moving from my neighborhood because tornadoes terrify her and the last tornado warning was it for her.

The reality is that TV is not for everyone. It does have a Big Brother feel at times and that's hard for us progressive/liberals to take. While there are many wonderful people, there are some that are very small-minded (don't like renters, snowbirds, etc.) and they don't mind speaking their feelings no matter who it might hurt. My second time playing bridge at one of the rec centers sent me right back home and I haven't been willing to try again for fear someone else will beat me up because I haven't immediately bought a home but would rather take my time and make sure this is the right fit for me.

Some of the ads of things for sale are because they are moving is not that they are moving out of TV but rather because they are moving to a different house/villa in TV and their present furniture doesn't quite fit the new house.

Hope this helps a little.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein