View Single Post

Old 11-14-2007, 05:14 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Conversion to Home owners associations

I sent an e-mail to the Sumter Landing Community Development District (CDD) Manager to see if he can clarify the "succession plan" for us.* Given that the CDD has most of the functions of an Home Owners Association (HOA) in the great majority of other communities, the CDD will continue to have the predominant role in these matters.

The CDD will always be with us, unlike the current owner/developer.* The CDD will provide management continuity and professionalism.** The interesting unknown is who the CDD's "Board of Directors" will become upon the "Succession of Ownership" plan that the current owner/developer will initiate.* What are the options out there?* The existing Villages Property Owners' Association (POA) Board of Directors?* What/who else?

I agree it is in the CDDs and the owner family's best interest to effecitively communicate with both existing and prospective residents about any plan of succession.* Great communications will dispel rumor, fears, and will instill confidence in decisions many of us are about to make.

I cannot imagine the well-oiled and well-appreciated machine that is running things now will suddenly devolve into rampant antipathies and gross inefficiencies.* Not in the lifetime of my children.

I am familiar enough with the manner CDDs in Florida are authorized and managed to have a high level of confidence in the operation of The Villages CDDs into the future.* This will not be a concern I have in my decision-making process for purchase in TV.
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley