View Single Post

Old 07-30-2014, 05:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird921 View Post
Let me help SAVE everyone who reads this post some BIG $ on cable & Internet.

I’m a teacher and live in RI but have 3 rental homes in The Villages (3br in Springdale, 2br Caroline, and a villa in Hillsborough). A tip here on TOTV led me to save big $. See below. I had Direct TV installed at 2 homes in May and will have the final one done when I visit in July.

1. Call Select Choice TV in Summerfield (third party broker for all providers) at 352-553-4921. I kept their ad from a Villages magazine in April and got Heba when I called (she has been great) but anyone can help. Her e-mail: hrobinson@selectchoicetv.com Get DIRECT TV. Free installation. It took less than 2 hours from time guy arrived until he was done. $24.99/mo for a year for the basic SELECT package (but that’s about 130 channels and free movie channels for 3 months). I added HD (high definition) at my 3br because I’ll be moving there in a year or so. That’s $10/mo. Each additional TV is $6/mo.

2. For INTERNET go with Comcast for $19.99/mo. Call 1-800-COMCAST. I was already a Comcast subscriber for cable and Internet. Their $19.99 rate is good for a year, and they gave me that rate no problem to keep me (normally just for new folks). It appears to be the cheapest of all providers. I have my own modem and Wifi device at all homes (they’re cheap at Wal-Mart; don’t rent).

3. PHONE is up to you. I have rentals and so don’t have phones. But I did buy MagicJack on Heba’s recommendation so I have a phone now at my 3br. The device costs $50 onetime fee and it’s $20/yr for service. Note, that’s PER YEAR, not per month like the local phone companies. But for older folks, it takes being a bit computer savvy to get it all done. Other options are to ask your provider for a special low introductory rate. magicjack.com

4. No, I’m not a salesman, but if you switch and say I referred you, you get $10 off per month for 10 months. I used a lady’s account number from TOTV to get that. You too can have a bill for just $18.00 with taxes like I do ay my villa (one TV, no HD). Use acct # 14118982 to get $10 off when you call Select Choice TV.

E-mail me with any questions. I’m glad I switched. Picture is beautiful (even on non-HD TV at my villa). Enjoy the savings, and I’m happy to share what I’ve learned in the last 3 weeks.
Jszyman806@aol.com - Jeff
Your info is geared more for people, who rent their homes out on a yearly basis.
1. The TV package is the standard offering, and anyone can get that.
2. Comcast is not always the best option, due to customer non service.
3. MagicJack is the way to go to keep phone bills at a minimum, but you have to be tech savvy to set one up.
4. Sorry, but asking people you don't know for referrals, seems to me a way to lower your own bill. Hence, all this info, that some people already know.

This may work for rental properties, but for those who live here permanetly, it's not a total solution, To get what one wants and be satisfied with all vendors, one must take the more upgraded packages. IMHO

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).