View Single Post

Old 08-01-2014, 12:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notebook28 View Post
The Villages are a really nice place to live and there are many good businesses and many good people. However, there are also many Vultures, so buyer beware, especially in the Medical and Especially in the DENTAL businesses. Most are awful, so please get references first. As beautiful as Florida is, SADLY it is rated dead last in both medical and DENTAL CARE. It is rated worst than 90 % of Third World Nations. This is no secret, just the facts, look it up. After living here for almost five years, this is my worst complaint. You cannot trust most of them. If You need Medical or Dental Care, Please look at Medical tourism outside of the US. One fraction the cost and far superior in almost every other area. Just get references and referrals because as in the US, there are good and bad ones. Here, I have found out, esp, The lousy dentist in florida will take every dime from You and they are so secretive and deceptive. Good Luck.
Hmmm!! We are from Baltimore where we were served by a Johns Hopkins HMO like practice. Our main concern upon moving here was whether we could access health care at a quality level that we were comfortable with.
Our experience(over three years ) has been outstanding. We use the following specialties and find them all to be as good as our previous caregivers.
Dermatology
Family Practice
Cardiology
Urology
Opthamology.
All have offices in TV

Our dentist is particularly outstanding. Both my wife and I have had extensive dental work over or lifetime, and find Dr Marie Luong (Serenity Dental Spa) and her associates to be top notch. Great care. modern equipment and methods, fair charges along with nice personalities. Dr Luong is a former US Navy dentist.

No one here needs to go to foreign countries to find competent health care.
With some research (TOTV being a good place to start) anyone can get competent care. All of our caregivers were from recomendations found on this site. We then did further research.

I agree that there are charletins out there, but they are everywhere, even at medical tourism venues.