View Single Post

Old 11-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Default Re: financial planning, retirement

There are several ways to work with financial institutions, as well as fee/commission arrangements, depending on how involved you want to get (no such thing as one size fits all!).
I am a Certified Financial Planner (not looking for work!) who's worked for a major financial services firm and just retired. I've transferred my NY membership in the Financial Planning Association to the Florida region and will be very active with them when we move to TV on 12/28. I've also provided financial planning seminars on the entire east coast, so love financial education and sharing what I have learned. I'd love to help start a financial club when we get to TV.
I will go through my files and post some informational links for everyone to access (none affiliated with any company, all educational). As I am on my way out for the rest of today, I'll post a full page by tomorrow afternoon, but for now begin with this one, which is the best (you'll know this if you've read Jonathan Clements columns in the Wall St. Journal:

http://www.cfp.net/

stay tuned for more... :bigthumbsup: