View Single Post

Old 11-18-2007, 12:57 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Are the Villages Real Estate Agents Really Real agents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2btvres
We are cuttently looking at homes and have made offers through both TV agents and an outside agent. In both cases we received the same disclosures. However they are not required to tell you about trains, flight paths, bad odors when the wind blows a certain way, etc. Anything outside the perimeter of the property is not subject to disclosure.
We just sold the house in Newark this summer, and this is true. ANYTHING that is not within the property lines does not have to be disclosed. However, if a specific question is asked, it should be answered. Better yet, get it in writing.

Our property connected to County land, anything that happened on County land we did not have to disclosed i.e. flooding.

In all fairness Jan, they should have given you a "heads up" about the train, but maybe they didn't think it was a big deal. Still, it would have been the right thing to do. I don't understand why you MUST disclose this if you choose to sell your home. The train is not ON your property. I don't remember anything on the disclosure form indicating this. Who told you you had to do this?
Village of Hemmingway