View Single Post

Old 11-18-2007, 12:19 PM
Founder
Default Re: Well, this is a real mystery. It is really troubling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbyduff
Now don't you dare accuse me of being anyone connected to "the family" but we live in the most beautiful place on earth, all of our needs are met and you all want to complain about the Village Sun not posting a "Thank you" ad from Jon. I love you Jon and can't thank you more for providing us with this WONDERFUL web site but Jon...... Please honey child, GET OVER IT! And thank your britches we all live here!
I worked hard all my life. I earned everything I have. The "family" (Villages developer) did nothing for me. I paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for my land and house. I owe them nothing. They owe me everything. IF it were not for you and me, the Villages would not exist. I could have lived anywhere I wanted, I chose the Villages based on the information (or lack of it) that was provided. Just because you chose to live here, does not mean that you can give up your obligation to society. We are still responsible citizens of America. We are not "subjects" of the Villages. If you wish to wear rose colored glasses and just be an "inhabitant" of The Villages, be my guest. I am, and always have been, a free thining, member of society. When I see a wrong, I feel the need to make it right. You may choose to "give up your freedom" in retirement. I don't. Don't ask me to and don't expect me too. "Get over it," is the battle cry of cowards.

BTW it's Jan not Jon.