View Single Post

Old 08-08-2014, 06:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Sales agents in The Villages do not belong to the local Board of Realtors, do not belong to the National Association of Realtors and do not and cannot be part of the MLS because they do not belonging to the first two associations. They are not bound by the Realtor's Code of Ethics but must adhere to any laws.

Within real estate, the two things which are responsible for the most sales are the MLS system and a 'For Sale' house sign.

Years ago The Villages agents did cooperate with other brokers, but that is a thing of the past. It's very unfortunate that is their wayof doing business because their way, everyone loses, particularly the home owners who are trying to sell their property.
Properties of The Villages sells around 700 homes a month. It seems as if they're doing something right.

Being listed on The Villages website may be better than being listed with MLS.
If someone up north has heard about The Villages and wants to look for a home, they might Google "homes for sale in The Villages FL" and the first site they'll come to is TheVillages.com.

Outside realtors don't have the advantage of the lifestyle visits that The Villages offers.

When I was looking into The Villages I Googled it and came up with TheVillages.com website. I call a number and was told about the lifestyle visit. I signed up for it, was down here a few days later and got hooked up with an agent who showed me about ten homes in one day.

The MLS is a great tool outside of The Villages, but I think that Mr. Morse and company may have found a better system for buying and selling within The Villages.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.