View Single Post

Old 08-09-2014, 07:27 AM
Default Timing!

We moved one year ago from one resale house to another. Bought & sold through The Villages with a smooth transaction within one month. One point that I would like to make is that Resale homes were flying off the market last summer......ads in the paper constantly had "Pending" banners across them. Prices started going up, and the market started to tank in September for Resales, & I don't believe it has recovered. Obviously, price & location are main selling points. A house across the street from me has been on the market for 1 year.....first listed with The Villages, & now with an outside Realtor for the past 3 months.....still not sold! I think that part of the reason you haven't sold your home is the fact that for some reason, the RE market is in decline again, & resales aren't selling as quickly as they were a year ago. If there aren't any buyers, you won't be selling your home anytime soon, so price, location, & condition are the main determining factors in how quickly you will sell your house!