Thread: Auto AC Repair
View Single Post

Old 11-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Sage
Default Re: Auto AC Repair

Auto AC Fixed!

My (USAF retired) younger brother got in TV yesterday and immediately started takin' care of Auto AC business.

He first installed two cans of Freon himself and the AC still wouldn't work and had a low coolant message. He called me for further instructions - I said get a quote first before spending a ton of money.

He called me today and said he took it to a local auto repair place and they checked it out. Discovered that his two cans of Freon were still in the system - no major leaks that they could find. They had to reset the computer to clear the message and they put in a dye to show any small leak if it happens.

With bro's two cans and the repair place it came to $96.32 ! ! !
A car dealer probably would try to soak up about $1,500.

The repair place was recommended by a long time Village resident: my mother's brother-in-law. It is Meredith Auto Clinic on State Route 25 (the road on the East side of the Historic section of TV). Take Griffin Road East from 441 (across from Perkins) and make a left on SR 25. It is across from the Blue Parrot RV Resort:

http://www.rvresorts.com/resort2.htm

also, if you need propane you can get it at the Blue Parrot (I did that last winter when we bought the gas barbecue that came with a tank)

PS: Now my brother wants to use my car for the two weeks he is in TV - how can I say no! Plus it needs some exercise anyway.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)