View Single Post

Old 11-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Default Re: financial planning, retirement

Financial Planning is a process and the Financial Planner simply quarterbacks that process. He or she, with the support of their back office, and experience offer suggestions to you on implementing a plan. You are the one who ultimately makes the decision. The planner guides the process. You will know exactly where you are financially at any given point in time. Your personal goals determine how aggressive or conservative you need to be with your allocations. Financial reviews are part of the process to see if you are 'on track'.

The scope of financial planning is so wide that you need professional help. It deals with insurance, trusts, accounting, tax, estate and business planning. An attorney, accountant, and insurance agent all will be a part of this process.

Want to retire to the Villages in 2 years? You need to see where you are currently and where you need to be in 2 years. Get it? Financial Planning. Should you pay cash for the house or finance it? Should it be in your name, your spouses name, both names, or should it be in a trust? Get it? Financial Planning

Although I've read the magazines and heard the media shows I do not do carpentry, yard work, plumbing, electrical, or wash windows. I hire professionals! I love people and it hurts me to see them get bad advise. I only want the best for you villagers.