View Single Post

Old 11-22-2007, 03:22 PM
n/a

Default Re: Lets have an honest, unemotional discussion about Hillary being our next prez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ
Item 1. Was there a GOOD reason why Bin Laden COULDN'T be taken out? I'd like to know that GOOD reason.

Item 2. The war in Iraq is not just about oil. It's about oil AND regional instability AND maybe....juuust maybe....som other stuff as well. Just take a look at the Manhatten skyline.....remember now? Terrorists are born somewhere....they are raised somewhere.....they are trained somewhere....they speak a common language....and practice a common religion. What region of the world could be a potential home? Afghanastan was first.....the U.S. had a GOOD reason to INVADE the country (see item one). Iraq was number two....the U.S. really didn't have a good reason to invade....so.....a reason was contrived....the country had a nut case for a leader who was thinking or developing BIG weapons and sitting on one of the largest world oil supplies (hmmm....lemme think about this in the context of our national AND world security). Who's number three? I don't know, but I suspect there's going to be a number three? Iran, Syria.....Saudi Arabia (don't delude yourself into believing that they're our allies). This is going to be a long long war.....and it's not limited to Iraq. All we at home can do is to hunker down and support the effort WHEREVER it is. This support is not to be confused with BLIND jingoism....which, I think, is not a good thing.

It may serve us well to remember Edmund Burke's quote, "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing". Think about this quote vis-a-vis this coming presidential election. Who, among the candidates, has the will and fortitude to continue to do something and continue the fight.....and who will float upon and make decisions based upon the drift of the political winds. When in the process of choosing our next President, thinking this way may help winnow the field of candidates a bit. It works for me.
GO TO THE HISTORY CHANNEL THEY DID A REPORT ON WHY WE MISSED THB CHANCE TO GET BINLADEN