View Single Post

Old 08-22-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Beware the clever and sneaky water system salespeople! They will phone and mail solicitations under all sorts of fake identities, but when you question and press, they'll finally fess up to being water system sales. And they are relentless in their persistence. My father recently bought a house and he has been bombarded for two months now, despite repeatedly telling the phone soliciters 'No thanks', and throwing away the mail disguised as all sorts of government and official looking important papers. Geez, what an irritating group they are!
also beware of the lack of info;
am sure this will cause some debates but have had some "strange" experiences (being polite) dealing with several different realtors representing several firms.. have put together the below tidbits of "some" of the events. draw your own conclusions from questions I have asked.

while viewing a property I observed a crew working on the adjacent pond that went dry (later learned it was one of several) causing me to ask the realtor -

Q - are there any sinkholes in the villages?

A- "not in this neighborhood"

Q2- why do a lot of properties have the washer/dryer in the garage?

A- yes, this gives you more living space in the house. (duh, but now I have less space in the garage)

Q3- noticed a musty odor from the garage appliances.

A- you wont even notice at after a while ( I must be a idiot for having these visions of mold and mildew all over me)

Q-4- are the water rates high here?

A- oh, there pretty uniform everywhere. (hey dingbat, answer the question I asked)

Q-5 what home models give me the most storage space? (ready for this?)

A1 - what do you mean by "model?"

A2 - "that's hard to say, a lot of realtors don't list the model names" (guess it's a secret)

A3 - "not a problem, just get/install some closet storage modules from home depot" (great now I have someplace to put my 12volt air compressor)

Q-6 gee, aren't those trees kinda close to the house?

A - your going to love the lower electric bill because of the shade.

(yup, also going to love the lack of grass, the full gutters, dirty roof shingles, the constant costly pruning or the cancelled home insurance policy)

again, these are only some of my experiences from those whom have my best interest at heart, one of which bestowed the fact of being the top sales person in the office (via gross proceeds) their secret, - they approached sellers, advising them they could list their property for "10,000" more if listing with them. this from a wizard who was driving me around showing their listings ! sometimes the discloser is worst than the non-discloser-ouch!

not looking for someone with the integrity of the pope, just a non-cult realtor who plays fair.

fyi. when viewing mls photos, ask yourself why there are few listings depicting the rear view from the inside out.