Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 08-22-2014, 07:59 PM
Platinum member

Stay away from olive oil? Oh my gosh, Why?
It is a natural antioxidant.
In addition, the vitamin E (olive oil has it!) can also absorb the energy from ultraviolet (UV) light. Thus, it plays important roles in photoprotection, preventing UV-induced free radical damage to skin.

I use a water soluble form of Olive oil to cleanse my face. Exclusively. I have used a refined virgin olive oil as my face moisturizer- twice a day- exclusively for over 8 years. I regularly apply my cosmetics (eye makeup, etc.) over the moisturizer- no problem-o.
My skin still looks pretty darn good, being the old Bat that I am.
I buy these products online at DHC. I have mentioned that source here in previous posts. These products have no odor.

I use regular olive oil (the food grade) for the rest of my body- and often use other seed or nut oils as an alternative. They are natural- have no preservatives and very much agree with my skin. Used appropriately, I am not an oily mess. Nor are my clothes, towels or sheets.

Shea butter for feet? Better put socks on afterward or you will leave footprints everywhere in your house- I found that the REAL stuff is lumpy, greasy, does NOT penetrate and has a distinctive odor that is, to me, musty. I found it more trouble than it was worth- and the pure stuff is not inexpensive.

Embalming fluid for Nails? Back when I was a teenager, there was a liquid, brush on product sold for nails that did indeed contain formaldehyde. Embalming fluid. That was some scary stuff, in my opinion. Pickled nails may be hard, but can't be healthy. If you had some cracks or splits in your cuticle, that liquid penetrated into your body. With repeated use the surface skin of the cuticle died.