Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 08-23-2014, 08:05 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Uptown Girl and Druann ...

You both sound very knowledgeable. Do you have any suggestions for a good non comedogenic moisturer?
Bare,
I don't have any products to sell- so I have no horse in this race. I am sure Druann has wonderful products she has formulated, is proud of and has had great success with.

Here's what I do with the DHC olive oil: (DHC is a Japanese company, by the way- I have no affiliation)

I use one squirt of the cleanser on my fingers, rub it all over my face and neck, then rinse with warm water and follow with a light scrub of warm, wet washcloth. This olive oil is water-soluble, meaning it WILL rinse off with no problem.
If I am going into the shower, I put the cleanser on and wash it off once I am in there. Just stick my face under the shower head, rub with my hands, then follow with the washcloth.

I pat my face with a towel ( just a bit) then apply one squirt of the olive oil moisturizer, while my face is still dewey- moist. I put it everywhere but my forehead and nose- that does well left alone. This means I put it around my eyes too.

I let it soak in, and when my face is air dry, ( a few moments) I apply my makeup.
I have not had a clogged pore since I began using these two products.

For me- the key is the warm, wet washcloth. I keep a stack of white ones (purchased in a bundle at Costco) and use a fresh one each time I cleanse my face. I have two dozen tucked in my bath cabinet. After use, I wring them out hang them over the edge of my utility laundry tub until dry, then toss them in the laundry.
Yep, I have a little extra laundry because of it- but they give me gentle exfoliation, and using them assures that all traces of makeup and cleanser are gone.

The products are not the cheapest, but each bottle lasts a long time- months. Two bottles under my sink- not a whole slew of things.
I can only say I get great results- and I am not easily persuaded.

One more thing- the DHC olive oil moisturizer has improved my eyelashes.