View Single Post

Old 08-28-2014, 12:07 PM

I am also caught in this situation. I play in rec. Div. 5 and neighborhood 4.the new rule is that you must play in the same level in both leagues. They say they did this for safety reasons. The flaw is that there are not enough div.4 teams in the rec. League to accommodate all the players evaluated as a 4. The only exception is for managers and their wives. I guess their safety is not as important. In prior years, Neighborhood Div 4/5 was separated into several divisions. The better teams were all put in one division while the weaker teams were put in others. So division 4 players played with division 4 players- likewise for div.5. Safety, as far as I could tell was never an issue, even though there some older players who can't run, catch, throw, field or hit. I'm all for including everyone, but if the league was really interested in safety they would have minimum standards of ability.
This would insure the safety of those players. The lowest evaluation is a 5, but there are players who are not even close to being a five and are given that rating anyway.