View Single Post

Old 08-28-2014, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Neighborhood teams play one day a week, always on Saturday. Usually 14 games in a season, and they're three seasons a year. This Saturday is the last game of the summer season, then we'll have 3 or 4 weeks off and the fall season will start around Sept. 7th.

I'm looking forward to see what this change will do. It looks like my village (Tamarind Grove) will become a level 5 team and there are three of us who are level 4 and will go to a new team. It's not a big deal to me, I've been playing for Liberty Park this summer since our village doesn't have enough players to field a team in the summer. This has gone on the last two summers. In the winter when the snowbirds come back, we'll pick up 4 to 6 players come October and then we'll lose them after April. The team is always in flux, I have one teammate I see more than most since we both belong to MVP. Some teams I guess if they've been together a few years I could see them wanting to keep the status quo. With growth, there is change.

When I arrived here in 2011 and got evaluated my village didn't have a team yet since we were new. I got offers and played the season for Calumet Grove. The beginning of 2012 we formed a team in our village, ironically Calumet Grove team folded due to no coach and not enough players. The first year we had winning records all three seasons. Beginning in 2013 the last five seasons we have had a losing record, so I'm looking forward to maybe being on a winner. I play as much as I can, I even schedule vacations and trips between seasons. In fact I'm having cataract surgery starting next week, so I'll have both eyes done before the next season starts. Any teams looking for a good shortstop or rover, I'm available.

The Villages Florida
Are you still available for a level 4 neighborhood league?