View Single Post

Old 08-29-2014, 03:01 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmiller888 View Post
If your golf cart insurance is with State Farm, the Villages, or Progressive, your renter will not be covered. Progressive said that the change was effective May 1 2014. I called Thomas Insur. today and was told the renters are covered. Then I called Progressive and found out the truth. I will call allState tomorrow to see if they cover renters. Does anybody know of any insur. company will cover your renters under your golf cart insurance?

8/5/14 I called allState and it does not cover renters either. I talked to Todd Brown 352 399 7667 and confirmed that there is NONE out there to cover your renters. You need to see it in writing if your agent tells you that your renters are covered. There were 3 agents verbally told me the renters are covered till I asked for the writing.

Also, your umbrella insurance will not kick in if the golf cart injury claim is denied by your golf cart policy.
The Kevin McDonald agency (Allstate) will cover renters in your golf cart. However, you can not advertise the cart as coming with the rental nor can it be pictured in front of the house. If so, and the adjuster or underwriter learns of it, the policy is null and void. I write, "call for information on all amenities".