View Single Post

Old 11-27-2007, 02:34 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: Friendliest Home Town, You Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston
As a current outsider it seems that the best way to find your group of friends at TV would be to join one of the hundreds of interest groups instead of hoping that the neighbors were friendly. It just seems that it is easier to associate and be friendly with those that have a like interest. For me that would be sports (golf, pickleball, basketball, cycling etc.). My wife has some of those interest but also does many craft type things (painting, quilts etc.) as well.

I guess it would be great to be near other full-time residents who became your best friends but i would imagine that is hit or miss.

Do many people on this board belong to some of the organized groups or partake of the offerings at the learning college?
I am a member of the Villages Computer Club and a Member of the Friends of the Villages Public Library. Go to both groups meetings on occasion. The Doggie Doo Run Run is a great place to meet dog lovers and for the most part nice people.

We lucked out as the neighbors are good ones here in TV. That cannot be said of other places where we have lived where its a crap shoot.

You do come across pests though even in TV and on TOTV.