View Single Post

Old 11-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Friendliest Home Town, You Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbladybugg
To Steve from NY
I have only been passively reading new posts to get a flavor of TV. After reading about this incident I feel a strong need to respond. I am happy to hear that relatives of the "older man" spoke up but I would hope that other residents from the "friendliest town" would also speak up to rude behavior. Unfortunately this behavior exists in any community and will also exist in TV but there is never any excuse for being a bully whether he lives in TV or not.
So I gave due consideration to speaking up, and for a number of reasons, didn't.

First, it was clear the incident was over. The "bully" had won, and the "victim's" family had talked to him. Nothing I did would change any of that.

I didn't feel taunting him with words would be enough, and only could see myself standing in front of him, blocking his view, daring him to push me away. Unfortunately, I saw that ending badly as I got a first hand view of the Sumter Co sherriff's office! I am a little larger, and a little younger than this idiot, and I felt too that this would have turned me into the bully. Granted, he might have just moved, but I had to be ready for the alternative.

So I just stewed for awhile and called the guy all kinds of names under my breath.

Nothing else I could have done would have changed anything.

It was just such a shame to see some one acting like this in such an otherwise friendly environment.