View Single Post

Old 11-28-2007, 01:53 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Friendliest Home Town, You Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveFromNY
I hate to even write this post, but I witnessed something the other night (Friday after Thanksgiving) at LSL.
My wife and I were watching the band, when a "younger" man (late 50's?) sitting in front of us asked an "older" man (probably mid-70's?) to move, as he was blocking the younger man's view of the dancers and band. The older guy slid over a bit, but apparently not enough to please the younger guy. he (younger) proceeded to get up, stand next to the older guy, and physically shove him out of the way. I was appalled! The older guy left, the younger guy sat down again, and some relatives of the older guy said something to the younger guy, and it ended there.
I really couldn't believe my eyes.
This ran so far counter to the normal behavior ("come to dineer", "Can I help you", etc, etc). It was distressing to me!
I know it was an isolated case and I am not trying to make a big deal out of it, but it really let me know there are some (well, at least one) real idiots in TV too.

I have to tell you, this story has really disturbed me. Is this what is coming to TV? One of my reasons for wanting to move to TV is to get away form this "bully" type that lives among us.

First off, this was an ASSULT. Such actions should not be ignored. As you all have pointed out, talking to this 50-something brat was a waste of time. What he needed was to have a cop slap a pair of cuffs on him and arrest him. Then you'd see a change of attitude. To do nothing is to give him permission to contine such behavior. I don't mean for anyone to "take him on" yourself, but the authorities should have been notified immediately.

The older gentleman could have been hurt. Then what? Only then will someone be called to deal with the situation. How sad. Maybe the police should start patrolling the squares to deal with the thugs who can't control themselves and feel they can bully the elderly.

Sounds to me: 1) The 50-something brat is not a Villager, and 2) He was drunk.
All the more reason to have this type removed. THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR SHOULD NOT BE TOLERATED ANYWHERE!!!

Village of Hemmingway