Thread: Hot water
View Single Post

Old 11-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Default Re: Hot water

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca
You shouldn't have the hot water heater on high - medium setting should be plenty warm.

Remove the flow restrictors - they are there to save water but if you have to run it for 5 minutes they aren't working.

Open the faucet all the way.

Make sure that the hot water supply doesn't have a partially closed valve at the heater.
I have had the time measured to 4 min and 38 seconds. Now I didn't realize the fact of flow restrictors on the sinks in master bath. I only removed the shower head. Upon return I will remove them from the house period. I need the hottest water for personal issues so the electric hot water heater has to be set on high. For the winter months I am at the house wont harm the unit. Upon departing I turn off the circuit breaker for it and the water valve outside.

Never thought of checking the hot water valve at the heater. I am used to a gas unit and now that this house is without any gas and uses a heat pump and only electric, must get reacquainted with it.

All in all a circulating pump will fix all. Just need many residents to call the warranty dept of TV, or form a group and go to TV to resolve this without our costs.