View Single Post

Old 11-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Default Re: Golf Cart Connection

So, now the reason people want the souped-up motors is for climbing hills. What hills? There are a few inclines here in TV but only one or two (what you might call) hills. The Sheriff enforces a law which says that if your non-street legal and unregistered cart exceeds 19 1/2mph, you get a ticket. And, in order to boost the fine, they now want to forget the speeding ticket ($180+) and charge the driver with driving an unregistered vehicle (which carries a larger fine, takes the vehicle off the road, and requires a drive to the county courthouse for an appearance before a judge). Now, if you want to climb hills faster the legal carts, and you can measure your speed to make sure you don't go 20mph on the streets of TV, you go right ahead and do it. As for me, I'll keep to the legal cart which gives me about 19mph and a little less power on the inclines in order to keep out of the courts, keep my insurance premiums low, and keep my good driving record. Who do you think you are kidding by saying you put the high speed motor in your cart in order to climb hills???????????
Mildenhall England
Gretna La
Greenville, RI
Jacksonville FL
TV