View Single Post

Old 11-29-2007, 06:18 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Lantana vs. Gardenia vs. Bridgeport

I'm kind of chuckling Russ - BTW, I am originally from the Boston area, lived there most of my adult life!

You can't pick your neighbors - that's for sure!

We now live in IL, in a golf club community where some of the homes are priced in the millions. I am pretty close to my neighbors in back of me but with creative landscaping; it's become our private oasis.

We are fortunate to have quiet neighbors; up until a few years ago. A young couple moved into a home that is beside the home behind us. There deck is in a direct viewing line of our back yard. We have a pretty large lot for this area, about 1/4 acre. We spend our summers in the gazebo that's off our deck.

Well, our new neighbor loved to play country (I should say hillbilly) music, loud and consistently. He would sit outside on his deck, shirtless (and no, it was not a pretty sight) and he smoked so much that the smoke would drift into our gazebo. To add to this, he was on his cell phone all night and he talked loudly enough for us to hear every word of his conversation. His wife was no better and felt the need to air the dirty laundry. Of course the music was so loud that she had to scream above the noise. I should add that she walked out on him after a year and the house was up for sale for another year!

I don't think he was in mourning because he continued to have loud get togethers and play the nightly music loud enough that it was heard several streets away.

It was a happy day when he moved this past summer and a nice single quiet lady moved in!

So, if you can do some homework and buy in a developed area of TV; it may be to your advantage to ask around and talk to the folks already living there.