View Single Post

Old 11-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Send a message via AIM to JRietz Send a message via Skype™ to JRietz
Default Re: PC-to-Mac guru needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by handieman
...take into consideration that most Mac users have been introduced to Mac's on a different level. Most folks met the Mac system via their work environment or school etc.
Work? Unlikely. Microsoft has had a stronghold at work for most of the time personal computers have been in existence.

Quote:
Also remember the PC'rs bought their computers at Big Box stores and went into it blind and with very little help.
Wrong. The reason "PC'rs" got PCs was to be compatible with their Work systems, where they had received professional training (frequently...). That lame excuse has been drilled in the the minds of people for years, but they are starting to see the light.

Quote:
Although I agree the Mac system is great, it suffers from many fewer attacks from hackers due to the fact that its not the most populated system. The poor masses of PC users have to suffer because their the majority (the hackers want the most bang for their buck).
Actually, it was/is the easier to hack.

Quote:
... if it weren't for Mr Gates and Microsoft, where would the average individual be in the computer world today.
If it wasn't for Apple leasing their operating system to Microsoft for 1 year, you would still be using DOS. If IBM hadn't made the wrong deal of the year, MS would be... well, it probably just wouldn't be.

Quote:
.Long live them both, competion is a wonderfull thing because you and I are the winners.
I've been a winner for 20 years now... You could start today!

Jim
Johnston Atoll AFB
Lady Lake
Town of Lady Lake Commissioner (Ward 5)