View Single Post

Old 09-10-2014, 10:11 PM
Gold member

If anyone, as a professional realtor, would pass over showing a listing because they feel that the commission is too low and more important than the potential sale of a home, to a client, then.....what can I say.

Listings in south florida, Broward, have been seen, at times, as low as 3%, I have seen them at 2%. 5% , as well as 6 and on the higher side 7%. Everythings negotiable and acceptable. The sherman act explains, expressing..."all realtors charge that fee, is unlawful" That is not what I was trying to communicate. Norm is the the wrong word to use in a listing appointment, but, most prevelant "norm" is a word I feel works for my point in my discussion.

My experiences, my views....

The villages listing agreement is not exactly the same, so I hear, to the listing agreements used by the Board of Realtors. If a seller cancels, the agent forfits any funds they used in the process of selling. Its part of the good and bad of sales, But read the contract....before you sign.... Also the length of the listing contract 3/6/12 months is also negotiable.

Good luck with your search for a realtor you feel comfortable with. Ask for references, thats your best way.