View Single Post

Old 11-29-2007, 10:35 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: INSIDE vs. OUTSIDE TV

Let's see -- Crime: They caught the guy who was doing the break ins. I don't care where you live, there's going to be some crime. From what I've seen, TV's crime rate is pretty low and most of it is on the petty side. I'm one of those who reads police blotters -- the crimes for TV have been DUIs (yeah!!! -- get those turkeys of the road) and domestic abuse (sad to think a 70 YO female is being beaten by her spouse, but it does seem to happen even here) and an occasional under-30 who either lives with parents or possibly is a Villages staffer living in their village busted for burglary or drugs (usually outside of TV).

TV v Outside Costs: I've found some things to be cheaper in TV, some things outside. It does seem if it is a store owned by TV or the family (like the Mercantile), the costs are somewhat higher. As was said, shop the ads and you'll do just fine.

Property Taxes: No comment -- I come from the Bay Area where my property tax on a 3-bedroom townhome was over $6K annually, so any property tax here is downright cheap.

Climate: The humidity sucks! No ifs, ands or buts. However, Florida has always had humidity (so has all of the South). If you can't take it, then this is definitely not the place for you. If you think you can get at least semi-used to it (that's my goal lol), come on down!

Community: The best I've ever seen!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein